Re: How to save filtered less results in a file or on stdout

Hi,

Thank you everyone for your last replies.

Everything you suggested works as expected.

Bottom line:

* less: no quick/immediate way (i.e. like a shortcut) to save only the filter output.
One needs to pipe through `grep` with the same filter(s) in `less` shell

* vim (but it certainly works for other editors as well): indeed, this kind of operation is "basic" for such an advanced editor ;)
One just needs to remember how to do that (I think there is no other way to learn vim than using it everyday otherwise one forgets rapidly)...
I like vim a lot but I don't really know why but sometimes I like `less` simplicity (i.e. few things to remember) hence my initial question :)

NB in vim: `v/pattern/d` = `g!/pattern/d`

Thanks again!

Best regards,
l0f4r0