Re: Sharing a scanner from a Buster system

John Boxall wrote:
> On 2021-03-07 12:47 p.m., Brad Rogers wrote:
> > On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 17:34:59 +0000
> > Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Brian,
> >
> > > put it there because I tend to forget changes I make in /etc! In this
> >
> > You're using a computer; you don't /need/ to remember those changes.
> > Use the computer to do it for you.
> >
> > IOW, create a text file documenting those system additions you've made.
> > Put a link to the file on your desktop.  You'll never forget the document
> > is there.  Then, when you get curious enough to look at the file again,
> > your memory will be jogged.
> >

> Brad, I agree 100%......unfortunately, like my memory, I use selective
> action.....sometimes I create one and other times.... :-)

If you install etckeeper, all the changes you make in /etc will
be stored in a version control system.

You can write comments to yourself with
etckeeper commit "message about what I am doing"

and you can list changes, revert them, and so forth.

etckeeper hooks itself in to apt so that when you do an upgrade
or an install, changes are added automatically.

-dsr-