Re: sshfs has fubared mount

On Wednesday 10 February 2021 02:16:21 Anssi Saari wrote:

> Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> writes:
> > See my reply to David. All those mounts are to the root of the
> > filesystems on the other machines, and that then accounted for the
> > fact I was seeing root:root for the already mounted systems.  A
> > point that if I ever knew it, I've since forgotten since the other
> > entries are now many years old.  Relatively short term memory isn't
> > so good at 86 yo.
>
> I think that's one of those things in Unix-likes that isn't really
> covered anywhere. At least I don't remember seeing it documented but
> it does follow from what mounting is. Anyways, I can only hope I
> remember things half as well as you do when I'm your age.

Take your vitamins, but steer clear of any one-a-day vitamins that
contain vitamin k.  That was blamed for the pulmonary embolism I had
when I was 79. That, in addition to being subject to a < 2% survival
rate, did cost me a few points of IQ.  So today my pilltainer holds, in
addition to the prescribed stuff because I've had some heart attacks and
a new valve plus a pacemaker, has Some A,C,D, b12 because I am diabetic
which flushes B12, selenuim because nobody with traces of that has died
of the wuhan flu and a bunch of OTC stuff for strong bones, prostate
restrictions and arthritis.  As for the IQ, I made a 98 on the AFQT
during the Korean part in '52.  Next best score out of 137 other boys
taking that test that day was 36. THAT got me 4F'd, so I started looking
for a girl since I wasn't subject to the draft any more. That took years
because most were afraid of a geek.

Take care and stay well Anssi.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)