Re: How automatic are backport package updates?

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 08:56:25PM +0000, Brian wrote:
On Mon 11 Jan 2021 at 14:54:52 -0500, Michael Stone wrote:
On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 09:26:11PM +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > > In my experience 'apt upgrade' is sufficient for most (1 in 10 or even
> > > more) upgrades, even on unstable.
> >
> > I think you made a typo somewhere in there.
>
> None that I can spot, care to elaborate?

1 in 10 is not most...

Completely piffling! And not a typo. The sense of the comment is
abundantly clear.

No, it really isn't. In itself the sentence is contradictory. The text could be intended to mean that it is sufficient for most or that it isn't sufficient for most; the numbers could be intended to mean that 1 in 10 succeeds or that 1 in 10 fails or maybe there should have been a number other than 1. Maybe there's a typo, or maybe it was meant to be ironic in a way that's non-obvious enough that a typo is more likely. I'm honestly not sure what was intended.