Re: Using .XCompose

Hi,

I test it by typing the letter from the keyboard (using shift / without it based on the layout specification) from the same terminal (Konsole) that i use setxkbmap to change to my layout. Then I run another terminal using the desktop link and try tying it. Then I try in Kate. And finally I reboot and try in Kate again.
ajith

On Tuesday, 7 July, 2020, 12:04:46 pm IST, davidson <davidson@freevolt.org> wrote:

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 davidson wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 06, 2020 at 05:34:59AM +0000, Ajith R wrote:
[snip]

>> The problem I am trying to tackle:
>>
>> One of the Malayalam letters, ങ (U+0D19), is used much more commonly
>> in its geminate form which is composed of three unicode charcters
>>
>>  ങ  ്ങ (U+0D19 U+0D4D U+0D19)
>>
>> which will yield the geminate form
>>
>>  ങ്ങ
>>
>> So, when I type, I want the ങ to be replaced with ങ്ങ.
>>
>> The keyboard layout is working fine as far as I can see. It does
>> yield the correct letters. What doesn't seem to work is the
>> .XCompose mechanism.

One thing that would be helpful for us to know: How are you *testing*
whether the .XCompose mechanism "works"?

That is, after making changes to the ~/.XCompose file, what
applications do you use for testing? Do you use xterm?  Some other
terminal emulator?  Firefox? Several applications?  Which ones? Do
they all yield the same results?

>> Please tell me what I am missing.
[snip]

--
What do you want to take off? [hrzF or ?*] F
You were wearing a +0 robe.  The frost giant turns to flee.