Re: OT: Missing sidebar; was buster: multiple instances of konqueror?

On 07/09/2019 18.00, R. Lewis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> D. R. Evans wrote:
>
>> R.Lewis wrote on 9/7/19 8:14 AM:
>>
>>> I'm glad to see that you have solved your problem with konqueror, and I'm
>>> wondering if you can help me with mine.
>>>
>>> Do you have a sidebar (F9)?  If you do, how did you get it?
>>>

>> Nope. I saw your original question, and have no solution for you, I'm
>> afraid.
>>
>>   Doc
>>

> Thanks very much for replying.
>
> Robert

Hi,

I managed to get something looking like a side bar (side tool
bar might be a more appropriate naming perhaps), even with F9 to
switch it on and off.  But I had to configure it myself to get
it to work, and it is quite possible that is does not achieve
the convenience of the way it worked in previous Konqueror
versions.

I worked with the "Bookmark Toolbar", but steps would be similar
when using any other custom toolbar.  Here are the steps I
followed:

1. I made sure the "Bookmark Toolbar" was enabled in the menu
   showing up when right clicking over the menu bar.

2. Right click over the Bookmark Toolbar shows a menu in which I
   made sure the "Lock Toolbar Positions" entry was unchecked.

3. Using the handle which just spawned, I dragged the Bookmark
   Toolbar to the side, until a shadow filling the whole height
   of the window show up.

4. To setup the F9 switch, I went to the menu:
	Settings
	-> Configure Shortcuts…
   then searched for "bookmark", and created the "F9" shortcut
   for the "Bookmark Toolbar".

5. And hit "OK" to validate.

I fear it is kind of a very hack-ish way of bringing this option
back to Konqueror, but hope it will open interesting
perspectives nevertheless.  Don't hesitate to play with the
"Text Position" and "Icon size": the bar tends to use as much
space as it requires, without a handle to reduce its width.

Kind Regards,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d