Re: fix for no ssh

On 2019-07-08, Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Well, at the very least people should be informed who is likely to be
>> affected by the bug
>
> In my understanding a lot of daemons are affected. Would it make sense
> to (try to) list them all?

Well, then, you should make that explicit, viz. that almost everyone
risks waiting for minutes to hours booting due to entropy starvation
unless they are lucky enough to have a modern x86 CPU that supports the
RDRAND instruction, in which case Debian will effectuate by default a
workaround whose author, probably the leading expert in all things
random for the Linux OS named Theodore Ts'o, has stated clearly and
repeatedly is a BAD IDEA, because it "amounts to trusting that CPU
manufacturer (perhaps with the insistence or mandate of a Nation State's
intelligence or law enforcement agencies) has not installed a hidden
back door to compromise the CPU's random number generation facilities."

> I considered all of them. Ultimately I settled on none, because I only
> get about 5 seconds delay on my PINE A64+ (arm64):

I should be so lucky.

--
"These findings demonstrate that under appropriate conditions the isolated,
intact large mammalian brain possesses an underappreciated capacity for