Re: Setting default $PATH for all users

Hello,

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 02:57:22PM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I used "grep -r /usr/local/games /etc" which yielded "/etc/login.defs" and
> "/etc/profile". Editing those two files had no effect.

How are you determining that changes to /etc/profile had no effect?
Because changes there (or in files in /etc/profile.d/) should affect all
new shels that you launch. Example:

$ cat /etc/profile.d/extrapath.sh
export PATH=$PATH:/foo

Then I open a new shell and echo $PATH, /foo is in there.

If that is not your experience, you are doing something wrong, or your
system is very broken.

So what changes are you making and how are you checking for them?

Cheers,
Andy