Re: Webmail?

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 08:25:41AM +0100, mick crane wrote:
> On 2018-06-29 21:04, Joe wrote:
> > Anyone know of a webmail that works on stretch?
> >
> > I've just spent half an afternoon trying first roundcube then prayer.
>
> been using dovecot, roundcube, getmail for some time just for home network.
> getting sieve to work was a chore for me but I'm not very good at this stuff.

For sieve, make sure you batch-process your emails where
possible. E.g. for bastion end user workstation setup, getmail or
mpop to download in a batch, have it dump the incoming mails to a tmp
file, then run sieve on that file - I find mail dl excrutiatingly
slow without one of those batch downloaders, and sieve must compile
all the rules - no point doing that for each email, just for the
batch. Good luck,