Re: Error while upgrading from Wheezy to Stretch

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 11:18:43AM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
>  - backup your pacemaker configurations and user-generated files, let
>    the upgrade process remove the packages, then restore everything
>    after the upgrade is complete

I'm still stumped by the claim that the configuration is being removed
during the wheezy->jessie upgrade.  Removing a pacakge during an
upgrade SHOULD NOT remove the configuration (i.e. it should be a
"remove" rather than a "purge").

So, the "obvious" answer would seem to be "upgrade to jessie, then
upgrade to stretch, then reinstall the pacemaker package, and it should
still see the old configs".  Of course this is assuming the old
configs are compatible with the new version of the package.  I know
absolutely nothing about this specific package.

According to http://packages.debian.org/pacemaker there is also a
backport of the stretch version of the package in the jessie-backports
repository.  So perhaps there is some way to convince the jessie upgrade
to use the jessie-backports version of this package rather than removing
it.  But that's beyond my experience.