Re: Ethernet is not started at boot

Hello Michell,
To try out, I just set up a new debian stretch on an VM (qemu/kvm):
I used the netinstall CD, because I didn't want to download full DVDs.

I had no problem configuring the network manually with ip-address and
everything (only I didn't know exactly the addresses that are used by qemu,
so in the end I had no connection and used the automatic setup, but the
installer let me put in the values)
First I Installed only the base system.
Then installed the packages you mentioned (with APT::Install-Rcommends no;
as thomas suggested).
I had everything done automatically. No problem.
The used disk-space is 1,4 GiB !

I know:
Grub instead of LILO and systemd instead of sys-v, if you relly do need
these, I have no experience. You might try devuan.

Maybe there's a problem with your install medium or the repo on it.
Some time ago I had a directory as a local repository (only for self-built
packages) to be used by apt, so I think this might ba a solution for your
Problem with the usb-stick. I don't remeber exactly ho to configure this,
but it wasn' too difficult (otherwise I wouldn' have done it).

Hope this can help you somehow.

Bernd

P.S: We have been to Estonia two years ago and liked it very much! Our
daughter was studying in Tartu. And it was summer.

Michelle Konzack wrote:

> The dependendies are only satisfait if you install a full DE like Gnome,
> KDE or  other defaults by Debian.
>
> If you install the bare minimum like
>
> Debian base
> xorg