Re: non-free firmware not found despite unofficial CD

On Fri 13 Oct 2017 at 22:02:54 (+0200), Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Brian wrote:
>
> > What does the installer tell you about the
> > network interfaces?
>
> I didn't check that because when I installed it
> I tried the new tethered USB Ethernet idea and
> then the DHCP autoconfig didn't fail. I can
> check next time if the noapic idea
> doesn't work.

Perhaps someone (me?) needs to explain that when you do what
Brian asks, nothing happens to the installation you've already done.
The network configuration is done right near the start, before
the partitioning and before the installation of anything on
the computer's disks. You're just carrying out the preliminaries.

So you can do it right now. When done, either select the menu
selection to abandon the install, or just hard power-off the machine.

Cheers,
David.