Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 07:40:04PM +0300, Reco wrote:
> I stand corrected. They (HP) hid it pretty well, though.
> I was under impression that they prefer something more enterprisey
> there, like SuSE or RHEL.
> To complete the analogy with Fedora one needs to count all DDs who are on HPE
> payroll, I guess.

I am aware of two ex-HP Debian Developers; Bdale Garbee (who I think is probably
largely responsible for securing HP's support of Debian) (http://gag.com/bdale/)
and Keith Packard (https://keithp.com).

For clarity's sake I have absolutely no doubts as to their honesty and integrity.
They're both exemplary F/OSS folks IMHO (I've met Keith once and Bdale twice, I
think) and of huge value to the project.

> A quick search at [1] did not produce anything useful.

A search on email domain is never going to be particularly accurate. I don't
post from @redhat.com, for example. Instead, if people felt this was a concern,
perhaps a process for voluntarily "declaring an interest" could be worked out.

I should stress that I have no concerns about anyone I know, but in the
interests of transparency I would support the discussion and development of the
above. But that ball should probably start rolling on the debian-project list.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland