Re: ERROR! - was [Re: Quirks noted with install on new machine]

On Mon 02 Jan 2017 at 06:53:24 (-0600), Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 12/28/2016 10:09 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:

> >>When you adjust the fonts to your liking the config will be
> >>stored in
> >>a file in your home directory. Locate the file and copy it to
> >>your USB
> >>stick. Have a late_command in your preseed file transfer the
> >>file to a
> >>home directory on /target.
> >>

> >Found the file. If I do as you say, will it automatically be used
> >for any "user" I create in the future?
> >

> I *HAD* found *A* configuration file named "MATE Terminal" in both
> /home/richard/Desktop/ and /root/Desktop/.
> I had *ASSUMED* that was the file to which Brian had referred.

What was in it?

> It is evidently not.
> I have done a fresh install of Jessie with MATE Desktop using the
> installer's defaults rather than my minimal install via preseeding.
>
> I have adjusted the font sizes used by richard and root. No file
> titled "MATE Terminal" appears in either /Desktop directory.

But did the settings stick? ie do they survive a reboot?
Typing:

    find . -type f -mmin -1440 -print | less # one day

can also be useful in such situations. Obviously reduce 1440 to
some suitably small interval to find the most recently modified files.

Cheers,
David.