Re: "command not found"

On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 08:17:44AM +0000, Joe wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 14:21:23 -0700
> Bob Holtzman <holtzm@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > I've run across this a number of times in the past, but it's usually a
> > permissions problem, easily fixed. Not this time.
> >
> > holtzm@localhost:~$ ls -l .fetchmail
> > -rwx------ 1 holtzm holtzm 365 Nov 26 14:05 .fetchmail
> >
> > Sure looks like it aught to work. It's probably something simple that
> > I'm missing and when someone points it ought I will ram my head into a
> > wall in self-disgust.
> >

> Try losing the x. Many programs, when checking for a secure
> configuration file, look for 600, not 700.
>
> --

There seems to be some confusion around whether that .fetchmail file is
the executable or the config file. Perhaps the OP could elucidate? I
doubt we are going to nail it until that is clear, except by accident.

If it is the binary, suggest you lose the . and listen to the advice of
people suggesting you prefix with ./ . If it is the config file, as some
people seem to be guessing, then it has nothing to do with a command not
found error and you should be focused on where the binary is. which
fetchail or locate fetchmail may help.

Mark