Re: "command not found"

On 2016-12-06 14:21 -0700, Bob Holtzman wrote:

> I've run across this a number of times in the past, but it's usually a
> permissions problem, easily fixed. Not this time.
>
> holtzm@localhost:~$ ls -l .fetchmail
> -rwx------ 1 holtzm holtzm 365 Nov 26 14:05 .fetchmail
>
> Sure looks like it aught to work. It's probably something simple that
> I'm missing and when someone points it ought I will ram my head into a
> wall in self-disgust.

As Greg said, you probably just need to prefix the file name
with its path when invoking it, in this case "~/.fetchmail" (or
"./.fetchmail" when you already are in your home directory).

If you don't want to have to do that, you could instead move
.fetchmail to ~/bin/, /usr/local/bin/ or some other directory
that is listed in the PATH environment variable (but probably
not /bin, /sbin, /usr/bin or /usr/sbin as these are reserved for
Debian).

--
André Majorel <http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
lists.debian.org, your one-stop shop for email addresses.