Re: parted is ALMOST suitable

> Futzing with partitions is the admin's job.

Could be, but it's not (g)parted's job to enforce these kinds of rules:
that's what Unix permissions (and Linux's capabilities) are for.

It's OK to add a warning and prompt the user to make sure he really
means to do that, but there's no point *preventing* the user from
shooting his own foot with this tool if he can do it with other
tools anyway.

> fdisk also want's root (or
> sudo). You want some user poking around in the disk(s)?

BTW, I have a pending bug report around this very same issue:

Feel free to weight in ;-)

        Stefan