Re: apt-get changelog is unsuccessful, but changelog exists

On Sat 05 Nov 2016 at 20:53:47 +0100, Jochen Spieker wrote:

> Brian:
> >
> > It's quite amazing what people expect to be supported on this list.
> > Wheezy is an unsupported distribution, just like hamm, etch, potato etc.
>
> That's not entirely true:
>
> https://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/

It's entirely true. From the web page you quoted;

  > Debian 7.0 has been superseded by Debian 8.0 ("jessie").

> Wheezy is still in LTS support until end of May 2018. I don't know
> whether it solves the OP's problem but I think
> https://wiki.debian.org/LTS is worth a look in any case.

You'll notice; I mentioned LTS. It is for security support, isn't it? A
worthy objective. That does does not imply it will clear up each and
every glitch Wheezy has.

There are enough people on this list who are still using Wheezy. They
are the ones to test the OP's command. The rest of us stick with Jessie
and hope not to have deal with problems on Bo.

--
Brian.