Re: Welcome to emergency mode!

On Thu 11 Feb 2016 at 10:28:34 (-0800), Rick Thomas wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2016, at 12:42 PM, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I hope you eventually get to study the journal even if you don't have
> > /var/log/journal. You might post the output from:
>
> The systemd journal is, by default, kept in the directory,
> /run/log/journal.  Because it is in the "/run" filesystem, it is
> volatile -- it disappears and is re-created fresh during the reboot
> process.
>
> However if the directory, /var/log/journal, exists, the journal is
> kept there, which is persistent and does not disappear upon reboot.
>
> So, if you want to be able to look at journals from previous boot
> sessions, you need to do (as root)
>     mkdir /var/log/journal

You're right of course. Some of us did that so long ago that we've
forgotten we did it. But apart from the résumé of commands, I was
really just trying to persuade the OP to actually cut and paste
_something_, anything. So many people here report as fact what they
_think_ they did. I'm not from Missouri but I'm just next door.

Cheers,
David.