Re: Video-UNfriendly browsers?

Please don't top post on the debian-user mailing list.

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 01:57:11PM -0500, Mario Castelán Castro wrote:
> El 11/10/15 a las 13:13, moxalt escribió:
> >Seriously, though, as much as you dread returning to lynx, it is the most
> >bandwith-friendly option on the table. If you don't want videos of any kind,
> >and are content with just plaintext (and separately downloadable images) you
> >should be safe. What's so bad about lynx?

> Last time I checked, most sites don't display properly with lynx
> because
> they are not designed for text-based browses. All on the contrary,
> most web
> sites are full of useless images, but nonetheless, not displaying them
> breaks those sites.

I haven't found that at all. In fact pressing the '*' key loads all
images, which you could download if you wanted.

> There may be application for those browsers (like reading HTML manuals
> that
> have minimal formatting), but obviously they are not suitable for
> ordinary
> browsing.

au contraire, I find lynx good for the majority of the sites that I
visit. It's only on the rare occasion I do need to use iceweasel.

I even use it for youtube to get the link then use cclive to download
the video, of course I have to change to the GUI to watch it though. :)

oppressing." --- Malcolm X