Re: bewildering boot problem -- a little more info

On Oct 5, 2015, at 11:53 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> Hmm. Weird. I dimly remember that tcpwrappers did something
> similar: to check the host name they sometimes tried a
> reverse host lookup, which took its time when it failed.

I've never seen or heard of anything like this -- the kernel complaining of the wrong #defines in the source code? That, to me, is massively broken. Anyway, it's all OK now; it got a new Jessie this afternoon :-)

> But perhaps I'm up the wrong alley.

Probably. I claim there were just too many wrong alleys. And certainly not worth the time to try to fix it.

> Hmmm. Sorry to be so unspecific.

No prob. Everybody's happy now. I just have some data to copy over from the old disk. At least it wasn't the hardware...

--
Glenn English