Re: Editing Squeeze and Jessie distribution ISO's

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
Hi,

Richard Owlett wrote:
I'm investigating creating customized installation DVD's &/or flash drives.
[...]
   1. the references I've found so far are years old.
     a. any recent pages?
     b. does it make a difference [possible side effects of adopting systemd]?

Possibly you have better chances with these questions on the
debian-cd mailing list. (Although i've recently seen Steve McIntyre
posting here.)
   https://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/

I personally know about the ISOs but not about the software
which boots up from them and installs Debian.

Even better something close to my eventual application seems to have been discussed last December. I have some reading to do :} THANK YOU.

   2. Is there a practical limit on the ISO file size?

The limit with libisofs is 4 TiB, because of some signed
32 bit integers in the API. Theoretically it could be 8 TiB.
Dunno whether the Linux kernel could stand it.
[snip]

That pretty much answers the question I thought I asked.
The rest of your answer points to questions I perhaps should have asked.
I see man pages in my future ;/
Thanks again.