Re: H.264 on Iceweasel

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Chris wrote:
> Try purging and reinstalling totem. I just did that (well I actually purged
> everything gstreamer-related) but I did not get back h.264 support until
> after I reinstalled totem. Just the 2 plugins Sven mentioned were not enough
> for me. I am running unstable, but the issue seems the same.

Gnome broke may heart and I now use XFCE. I don't have totem
installed. Anyway, that is too much wild guessing for me, because
totem uses gstreamer1.0.

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Sven Joachim wrote:
> I rather think it's gstreamer1.0-libav and gstreamer1.0-plugins-good.
> At least these are the packages which iceweasel in experimental
> recommends.

Ok, I can confirm that installing gstreamer1.0-libav on a gstreamer1.0
enabled browser solves the problem. But as I wrote, my iceweasel uses
gstreamer0.10.

Anyway, after installing gstreamer0.10-plugins-good, the problem seems
to be solved.

So, one needs gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg and gstreamer0.10-plugins-good. I
hope this helps others.

--
Bruno Schneider
http://www.dcc.ufla.br/~bruno/