Re: Not sure which package to report problem under

Jim Cobley wrote:

> I think that the problem I have is in the Kernel - but it affects CUPS
> 1.7.5 - running on Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 64-bit with all updates
> installed.

In the specs it says

INTERFACES
Interfaces RS-232, Drawer kick-out, Bidirectional parallel

so I would tipp on the driver and the chipset used in the printer +
kernel/driver and the cups printer.

I had a lot of trouble with cups between 1.4 and 1.5 with parallel <-> usb
cable, which now recently solved in wheezy. Debugging took me long time and
fixing much longer. However it was couple of years ago on a syssetm that is
not in my custody.

check kernel/driver + cups + udev versions

CC me as I don't read the debian user list on daily basis

regards