Re: Mount order after systemd update

Le 03/11/2014 12:19, Martin Read a écrit :
> On 03/11/14 09:13, Erwan David wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 03, 2014 at 09:33:30AM CET, Jonathan de Boyne Pollard
>> <J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups@NTLWorld.com> said:
>>> That's what you get when your first recourse is Google rather than the
>>> manual that comes with your software on your computer.  (-:  The manual
>>> pages that you should be reading are:
>>>    * man -S 5 crypttab  #
>>> (http://freedesktop.org./software/systemd/man/crypttab.html)
>>>    * man -S 8 systemd-cryptsetup-generator  #
>>> (http://freedesktop.org./software/systemd/man/systemd-cryptsetup-generator.html)
>>>    * man -S 8 systemd-cryptsetup@.service.html  #
>>> (http://freedesktop.org./software/systemd/man/systemd-cryptsetup@.service.html)
>>

>> Sorry, but this doc should be available *before* migration, because
>> it would render things unbootable to insall without configuring.
>
> It *is* available before migration - Jonathan has helpfully provided
> you with URLs for reading that documentation on the freedesktop.org
> website. There is also an assortment of other information on
> freedesktop.org about how to use systemd, above and beyond a complete
> set of systemd man pages:
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/
>
>> Same thing how to GUESS those names ?
>
> I seldom try to *guess* the names of programs I want to read
> documentation for, since very few programs of *any* kind have decently
> guessable names. I instead use tools like "apropos relevant-syllable"
> on my Linux systems (which often provides useful results), and adding
> things like "documentation" or "manual" or "man page" to my WWW searches.
>
> Here's what "apropos -s 1:4:5:7:8 crypt"[0][1] returns on my Debian
> jessie system:
>
> mormegil@cocytus:~$ apropos -s 1:4:5:7:8 crypt
> cisco-decrypt (1)    - decrypts an obfuscated Cisco vpn client
> pre-shared key
> cryptoflex-tool (1)  - utility for manipulating Schlumberger
> Cryptoflex data ...
> cryptsetup (8)       - manage plain dm-crypt and LUKS encrypted volumes
> cryptsetup-reencrypt (8) - tool for offline LUKS device re-encryption
> des_modes (7ssl)     - the variants of DES and other crypto algorithms
> of Ope...
> gpg (1)              - OpenPGP encryption and signing tool
> gpg-zip (1)          - encrypt or sign files into an archive
> gpg2 (1)             - OpenPGP encryption and signing tool
> gpgsm (1)            - CMS encryption and signing tool
> libgcrypt-config (1) - script to get information about the installed
> version ...
> luksformat (8)       - Create and format an encrypted LUKS device
> mkpasswd (1)         - Overfeatured front end to crypt(3)
> ntfsdecrypt (8)      - decrypt or update NTFS files encrypted
> according to EFS
> pkcs15-crypt (1)     - perform crypto operations using PKCS#15 smart
> cards
> smbpasswd (5)        - The Samba encrypted password file
> [...]

None of this wiull give you a hpowto migrate a perfectly working
configuration to systemd. Nothing. Reading all this will give you bits
of answers but difficult to pout together. When I asked about a
encrypted filessystem proble, I was just answered "may usning a mount
unit", but without any explanation about which mount, which device, etc...