usb dvd drive does not mount automatically as it used to

Hello,

My external dvd drive (usb) used to get automatically mounted on my jessie x64 / xfce, at /media/cdrom if I recall. It doesn't anymore, I guess due to updates I do daily. lsusb lists the device.

I wonder if this is connected to my post two days ago "wrong mount point after update" about changes on usb devices mount, still waiting for help from the helpful debian user list, by the way.

Any help to solve will be much appreciated.

Regards,
jss