Re: Assange and NSA

On 6/1/2014 11:09 AM, Bzzz wrote:
On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 10:54:27 -0400
Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> wrote:

ICANN is an INTERNATIONAL organization with members from all over
the world.

No, is is an international CORPORATION - the difference's huge,
even if it's a non-profit one.
When you wanna control everything, non-profit corps are one of
the best decoy ever…

A Corporation is a type of Organization. Corporation is the legal basis on which it is formed. It could have used be any of several different legal forms.

http://archive.icann.org/tr/english.html

There are 13 root servers, all over the world.  Root servers are
owned by various organizations and managed by ICANN.  The US
Department of Commerce has nothing to do with them.

No, there are hundreds of them.

http://blog.icann.org/2007/11/there-are-not-13-root-servers/

I'll believe this official statement from ICANN over a blog...

http://www.dns.icann.org/

I can make you a great deal on tin foil hats.

May be the best protection against the Outernet :)

So, how many do you want?

Jerry