Re: Unable to start nm-applet

Am 02.04.2014 17:45, schrieb Michael Biebl:
> Am 02.04.2014 17:14, schrieb Anubhav Yadav:
>>> And please attach the ck-list-sessions output for completeness sake.
>>
>> ck-list-sessions
>> Session5:
>>         unix-user = '1000'
>>         realname = 'Anubhav'
>>         seat = 'Seat1'
>>         session-type = ''
>>         active = TRUE
>>         x11-display = ':0'
>>         x11-display-device = '/dev/tty7'
>>         display-device = '/dev/tty1'
>>         remote-host-name = ''
>>         is-local = TRUE
>>         on-since = '2014-04-02T14:53:20.817379Z'
>>         login-session-id = '3'
>
> That looks ok.
> I completely missed though that apparently nm-applet complains about a
> missing session id for uid=0.
>
> I hope you aren't trying to run it as root?

Oh, apparently you use sudo to start nm-applet.

You really shouldn't do that. All the D-Bus and GConf related error
messages etc are because you are trying to start it as root from within
a user session.

I'd probably try with another desktop environment. Maybe it's actually
an issue with i3 or more specifically i3bar not showing the notification
icon of nm-applet.

universe are pointed away from Earth?