Re: About to format the whole laptop, need some partitioning advice.

On 2/10/14, Schlacta, Christ <aarcane@aarcane.org> wrote:
>> 3) Use ZFS.  Allocate the drive as a single zpool.  You can then create

>> I've tried all three.  For Linux, using LVM is easy and can be done

>  I use zfs with debian wheezy, and am migrating to using zfs almost

> ZFS is awesome, and I've never lost any data using ZFS, despite some bad
> situations including marginal drives and even drive failure.  I highly
> recommend this solution for everyone who's competent enough to understand
> the procedures involved and the achievable benefits. Unfortunately, due to
> the proprietary nature of the CDDL,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDDL

CDDL is FSF approved, so it is definitely a "Free-Software" (libre)
license. It's just that it's not GPL compatible, which is unfortunate,
but I wouldn't worry about that - just install ('auto build' or
whatever) the ZFS module.