Re: Difference between apt and apt-get

Le 06.02.2014 11:13, Lisi Reisz a écrit :
On Thursday 06 February 2014 05:43:45 Muntasim-Ul-Haque wrote:
I want to know what is the basic difference between *apt*, as in
/apt update/ and *apt-get*, as in /apt-get update/.

Can one do <apt update>? I have never heard of it, which could easily
be my ignorance, but Google can't find it either.  If it exists, I
would be interested in what it is used for.

Lisi

Command-not-found also does not know about it, so my guess is that "apt update" just does not exists. I tend to trust command-not-found :)

And so, we have our difference, as said by Scott previously: apt is the generic name for the management system, apt-get is one tool to manipulate this system.