stupid use of resources Was Re: grub efi does not find windows

Le 03.02.2014 19:54, Doug a écrit :
On 02/03/2014 03:28 AM, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

/snip/
--------------------

No mention of any windows'efi file anywere. I just rechecked on the partition that I suspect to have it before my installation ( aka: sda1, a 1GB large partition containing a folder named "Boot" at root ) and no more luck. Sounds like all informations needed to boot windows lacks now... I guess I'll have to try to rebuild them, if possible, or... reinstall windows? I doubt I can: the restore files were on a partition that I had to delete to be able to create mines ( despite any good sense, they used the 4 primary partitions slots, when only one needed to be bootable! I wonder how could those people could say they are computer scientists, really! And it takes no more time to create secondary partition than primary ones... grrr! But at least I know why I will never go back to default installations for my personal uses. )...

Any idea?

You think they're dumb--dumb like a fox! They figure if they used up
all the partitions, it would keep people from installing another OS on
the drive!
And maybe, in a few cases, it does!

--doug

I think that, using a limited resource which have one feature* when you could use a not limited one which does not have this feature, is stupid when you do not use the feature given by the limited resource. And that people which uses limited resources carelessly without any reason are stupid, yes. I also think that trying to limit people's access to freedom is stupid. Yes, it may be to have more money or whatever, and in a short time it may seems smart. But I am an idealist which think about long time, and being rich won't prevent them to die, or to be sad, while in the meantime, it can avoid other to be happy.

In French, one of my grandmother taught me an expression, a long time ago:
Mieux vaux une chaumière ou l'on rit qu'un château ou l'on pleure.

In English ( just a try to translate an adage... so a very probable failure. ) : Better a thatched cottage where people laugh than a castle where they cry.

Sorry, I am limited by my English level here, so it may not be phrased correctly and words may seems childish. Also, it is quite interesting to consider that you choose the fox, for comparison. Foxes are animals which kills a lot for nothing. So, well, now that you mention it, that choice of word could be a good one :) except that those ones does not directly kill other beings when they configure those computers.

*: ability to boot