Re: ddrescue and windowsxp

On 10/05/2013 04:05 AM, steef wrote:
> hi folks,
>
> my eldest daughter has an old laptop with windowsxp loaded on it. the
> machine crashed yesterday.
>
> my question: can i use debian and the ddrescue-procedure to save the
> data of this laptop like i did about 7 years ago with a crashed
> slackware_hd??
>
> google confused me.
>
> thank you,
>
> steef

google for XP rescue and see what you get. There are a whole bunch
of rescue disks available. I have about 4, but have never had to use
one. I think they're all based on Linux, but i don't know how they work.

Good luck

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley