Re: apt-get installation of mysql and apachi in different directory.

Thanks emmanuel and Celejar for your input.
actually i have been going through DRBD configurations and practicing, and i saw people mounting their DRBD drives to /etc/apache for apachi-failover and /somewhere/lib/mysql for mysql failover. i was just thinking why not i just mount DRBD drive on the root folder and tell apt-get install to copy all the files to specified path rather then default so i could avoid copying files from their installation directory to mount points then remount the mount point to their installation directory.

is it fine. though i am just practicing things are not in production. my production DRBD is working fine.

Thanks,

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 17:01:23 +0200
emmanuel segura <emi2fast@gmail.com> wrote:

> you can use service chroot, but i think it can be more elegant if you use
> openvz or lxc for confine services

The OP should also probably explain what he's really trying to do -
there may be a better way to accomplish it.

> 2013/10/1 Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp@gmail.com>
>
> > is there a way to install server side stuff like apachi and my sql in to
> > different mount points or directories.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Myk

Celejar