Persistent MySQL Process

Hi All,

System:
cat /etc/issue
Debian GNU/Linux 6.0

I have a long running MySQL process that runs for days and eventually crashes the server.

I googled about and discovered that Debian has it's own MySQL start up script that runs a  "check tables" command, so I commented this out and restarted, but the process immediately started again.

I have webmin installed and when I view the process information it has a parent process of "init[2]"?

Also, when I view the files and programs related to the persistent process in question, it lists ibdata files (innodb data files), one being 8GB in size! I am wondering if this has anything to do with it?

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Also, regarding webmin I have turned off the db module.

Thanks
Daniel.