ROops? was Squeeze point release broke keyboard and mouse

sorry!
too many list, too much email, and too little coffee!
Karen
On Fri, 5 Oct 2012, Karen Lewellen wrote:

hi,
was that a typo below, as in 2 tb?
Indeed Dr dos does have an approximately 2 gb limit for the primary dos partition. this dell laptop has a disk size of about 8 gig, so we partitioned the rest into amounts smaller than 3 gig, since my best understanding is that it can swing 4 gig. However the first partition its d: drive technically has no allocation units according to Dr dos 703's edition of chkdsk. the other two partitions e and f are just fine though. Yes I do realize partition magic is still legal, but not so sure about its availability free for dos, because its new owners state as of July 2011 they are no longer offering partition magic at all. There is a link for a free partition magic on the partition wizard site, the replacement product for partition magic, but it is not directing me clearly in lynx. Still I will check out offerings you present here. your note gives me an idea, perhaps shifting the primary dos partition slightly so it is closer to that 2 gig window, which is why no data loss is important.
Karen

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012, Chris Bannister wrote:

 On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 01:58:39PM +1000, geoff wrote:
> > Yep, everything works fine in root. I'd also tried creating another user
>  account, and it displayed the same behaviour as my other user account.

 OK. What packages were upgraded? The log in /var/log/dpkg should help
 you here. Obviously, look for any packages related to the keyboard.

> The only way I can use a console is to utilise the on screen keyboard, > which
>  is hit and miss at best. (gok hangs frequently).

 What sort of computer is this?

 tal% apt-cache show gok
N:  Can't select versions from package 'gok' as it is purely virtual
N:  No packages found

 (Note: I'm running wheezy)

 You could consider upgrading to wheezy, it will be the new stable in a
 few months anyway

 oppressing." --- Malcolm X