Re: PC speaker stopped working after upgrade to Squeeze

/etc/rc.local can modprobe pcspkr each time for you if you'd like.  I'm
sure other places in debian can too, but that's the first I'd think of for
now.On Sun, 16 Oct 2011, Roger Lynn wrote:

> On 05/10/11 01:30, Roger Lynn wrote:
> >>
> >> Same thing happened to me. I never figured it out.
> >>
> >> Looks like this bug, though, now that I'm googling again:
> >>
> >> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=604197
> >>
> >> The workaround is to add the line "blacklist pcspkr" to
> >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and the line "pcspkr" to /etc/modules,
> >> which has for effect to load the module later (like when you reload it,
> >> I guess).  Then it works first time every time.
> >
> > Thank you, that looks like exactly the same problem, and the workaround
> > seems logical. I'll try it and see what happens next time I reboot,
> > although I don't do that very often.
>
> I forgot to report back that this did have the desired effect. I just
> need to remember to take it out again next time I upgrade.
>
> Roger

Jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
If I got a nickel for every message I've already sent supporting Microsoft
Windows and its applications I'd have enough to retire on comfortably no
matter what the stock market did.