Re: cups on wheezy problem

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 13:00:17 -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:

> On 08/08/2011 11:19 AM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>>>    udevd[17007]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/mtp-probe' 'mtp-probe
>>> /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:12.0/usb3/3-1 3 3': No such file or
>>> directory
>>>
>>> udevd errors exist in wheezy and sid but the only related errors on
>>> Google are from 2004.  These errors showed up here when /run was
>>> introduced IIRC.
>>>
>>> Has anyone solved this or know of a fix?
>>
>> Do you think Cups is failing because of that? :-?
>
> That meaning cups or udev?
>
> If udev/udevd can't identify the that the printer is there, yes I think
> that cups has no way to print so is not at fault.

I will re-do the question... Do you think the above error has something
to do with udev/kernel not detecting the printer?

"mtp-probe" sounds to me like another thing (used on/for USB media
players):

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/libmtp8

Do you think the printer is being wrongly detected as a mass-storage USB
device?

What's the full (I mean, the relevant part for USB stack) dmesg output
when you connect the printer? What about "lsusb"? Do other USB devices
work?

> The "no file found error" persists after installing the libmtp-runtime
> package.
>
> Odd thing is that a few weeks ago there way an upgrade the fixed the
> problem and 2 days later a safe-upgrade downgraded to the old (not
> working) version.

Then wait for the next set of updates :-P

Greetings,

--
Camaleón