Re: HOWTO enhance Debian by removing HAL

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 13:59 +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> Siggy Brentrup:
> >
> > Where's my freedom, I'm stuck with ancient X if I don't want to
> > run otherwise unused SW?
>
> I really don't want to upset you even more, but allow me the question:
> where's the problem in running ancient software on even more ancient
> hardware? Is there anything you really need from squeeze on this
> machine? Do you really need security support?

You don't upset me with this question it's a good one.

In the past my Indy has been open to a handselected group of DDs who
wanted to investigate FTBFS bugs on mips implying the box tracks
current unstable.

I'm planning to continue this service as soon as everything is up to
speed again.

Thanks
  Siggy
--
Please don't Cc: me when replying, I might not see either copy.
               bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de