Re: Printer Setup Problem

On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 09:04 +0900, 김정환 wrote:
> Hi, everyone
>
> I'm trying to setup a printer in network environment.
> My printer is HP Laserjet 3015 PCL6.
>
> In MS Windows, the printer is set up as follows :
> Port : DOT4_001
> Generic IEEE 1284.4 Printing Support
> HP Laserjet 3015 PCL6
>
> In debian, when I try to install network printer,
> it requires URL, but I don't know it.
>
> Please give me an information how to install
> my network printer.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> J.H.Kim
This will go faster if we know more about the software you are using to
connect to the printer. If the printer is a "network" printer connected
via a 'network printer hub" you will need the IP address of the hub and
the port to which the printer is connected. if it is connected to a
windows network you may need to install samba to use it. If it is
connected 'directly to the computer that has debian installed, it is not
really a network printer. You will also need a printer software
interface. I strongly suggest cups as it may be managed adequately from
a web interface located at http://localhost:631 on most machines.
another very useful tool for managing all of this is webmin. Look into
it.
Hope this helps!
--
John Foster