Re: Configuring wlan on Debian Base installation

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 22:53:19 -0600
Jack <jackofdiamonds11@gmail.com> wrote:

> Right. As suggested, I manually added my router to the ARP table.
> Pinging the gateway now results with:
>
> PING 192.168.2.1 (192.168.2.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
>
> --- 192.168.2.1 ping statistics ---
> 4 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 3009ms
>
> So perhaps the host in not unreachable now, but is simply not sending a reply?

Possible.  Devices with a standard TCP/IP stack generally respond to
pings, IIUC, unless they have some sort of firewall / packet filtering
(like iptables on linux) configured to drop such requests.  Try
connecting to the router on open ports (80, or any other you know to be
open on the machine)?

Celejar