Re: calender, contacts, appts., to do list, etc. server for Debian

On Friday 30 January 2009 17:35:50 H.S. wrote:
> ClamAV 0.94.2 signatures .
>
> Hi,
>
> I am playing around with the idea of installing a calender server on a
> Debian machine at my home.
>
> The idea is that the family can maintain their calenders, appointments,
> schedules and to-do lists on the server and be able to access it from
> anywhere over the internet.
>
> Now if the server allows syncing to mobile devices, that would be an
> added bonus but is not required at present.
>
> Any ideas what we have in this respect in Debian? Experiences and
> insights will be most welcome.
>
> Regards.
>
> --
>
> Please reply to this list only. I read this list on its corresponding
> newsgroup on gmane.org. Replies sent to my email address are just
> filtered to a folder in my mailbox and get periodically deleted without
> ever having been read.

I'm using davical[1] both at work and home (two seperate installations) and
it's working quite well for me...

I basically followed the instructions found at [2] on the davical wiki [3]
even though the instuctions were for ubuntu it was easy enough to just
install ;)

HTH

[1] http://rscds.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://wiki.davical.org/w/Installation_Guide_Update_(Feb_2008)