Re: dumb question about compiz

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 19:13:21 +0000
"Michael Fothergill" <mikef20000@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Debianists,
>
> I had a look at the compiz web page and some youtube videos showing
> it in action.  I notice there are deb files for it in Etch.
>
> I use AMD64 Etch 4.0 r1.
>
> My machine is an AMD Sempron 3200 box.  I don't have a graphics card
> yet.
>
> I assume from reading wikipedia pages and so on that I will need a
> graphics card or compiz will struggle to run.....

Yes, of course you will need one.

> If this is the case what sort of graphics card would do?
>
> How about an nvidia geforce card?

It will do. I have a GeForce4 MX440 card in my 4-5 year old computer.
Compiz runs nicely with it. Of course the newer and the more memory
onboard, the better.

And forget ATI cards, their driver has... some discrepancies.

--
Szia:
		Nyizsa.

Finally - A spam blocker that actually works.
http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/4