Re: OT: Politics and other non-Debian ramblings [Was:a dumb query? pls humor me]

On that point I will agree with you.  The way we treat/ed the Indians is
abominable.  We should have accommodated them, not destroyed them for
there is much we might have learned from them.  However, I'd say our
treatment of them was born out of racism, not the fact that we are an
imperialistic society, because racism comes from human nature, not
politics.