Re: editor to remove noise (wind and wave) from sound file

Pure Data is great for stuff like this, but it is a lot to learn-
you'd have to assemble the application yourself.  If you expect your
first time editing a sound file to be your last time, it's probably
not what you want.

A parametric equalizer would be an intuitive way that might help.  I'm
in Windows right now, so I can't check, but JackEQ might have this, or
some LADSPA plugins, or even Audacity, I don't know.
Is it a stereo recording?  I've found sometimes adding or subtracting
the two channels can make either voices or noise louder.