Re: nohup, but not nohup.out -- how to?

David Jardine <david@jardine.de> writes:

> 	nuhup somecommand > somefile & sleep 1; tail -f somefile

That will write "nohup: appending output to `nohup.out'" to the file
somefile :-)

The output from somecommand will still end up in nohup.out.

I was hoping I could say something like "nohup -f somefile
somecommand" or "nohup -o somefile somecommand", but nohup doesn't
seem to accept command line arguments like this.

zsh has a command "disown" which seems to do something similar to
nohup, without the output redirection.  But I don't know details.

Kai