Re: mounting large hfsplus partion

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 05:35:08AM +0200, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 the mental interface of
> Ric Otte told:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a 300gb drive that I separated into two 150gb partitions: one
> > hfsplus (for macs to backup to) and one ext3.  I formatted the hfsplus
> > partion on a mac, but when I mount it using mount -thfsplus /dev/hdc2
> > /HFS, the partion does not show up being anywhere near 150gb; instead
> > it shows up as being 8.5mb with 3.4mb of that being used by the simple
> > partitioning.  I tried to copy data to this partition, but it fills up
> > immediately.  Does anyone know how to mount a hfs+ partition and get
> > access to the whole partition?  Thanks,
>
> apt-cache show hfsplus
> apt-cache show hfsutils
>
> Elimar

I have hfsplus and hfsutils installed, so that isn't the problem.
I now wonder if Linux supports reading HFS+ filesystems, but not
writing to them, and that is causing this phenomena.

My initial plan was to have a HFS+ partition so that mac users could
use rsync to backup to it, without losing their resource forks.  Now
I'm beginning to think that may not work.

Thanks,
Ric