Re: No 1028x786 resolution on HP M50 Monitor On Sarge

Wayne Topa wrote:

Leonard Chatagnier(lenc@ruralcomm.com) is reported to have said:
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2005/06/msg00353.html>

Leonard Chatagnier(lenc@ruralcomm.com) is reported to have said:
Only the 800x600 and 640x480 are available while previously 1028x786 was functional and I could switch to it with cntrl ++. The higher resolution had been available on both woody and sarge kernels(stock).
<-- snip -->

Yes, all but the 1280x1024 resolution which my monitor doesn't support. Actually, after adding the 1024x786 entry and rebooting the resolution looks finer but using cntrl-alt-++ only cycles through 2 resolutions. I need a bash command that explicitly shows the screen resolution
to be sure.  Kmow of one?
Thanks for the reply,
Leonard

xvidtune (1x)        - video mode tuner for XFree86
You can view, and adjust resolutions, with xvidtune.

xdpyinfo (1x)        - display information utility for X

I would also suggest you try a lower color depth, such as 16, to see
if that works better.  I forgot to mention that in the last post.
I default to 16 here.

HTH

WT
Thanks, I've used xdpyinfo | grep dimensions per Angelina's post and get :
lchata@ChatagnierL-Home:~$ xdpyinfo | grep dimensions
 dimensions:    800x600 pixels (282x212 millimeters)
lchata@ChatagnierL-Home:~$
When i run xvidtune:
Vendor: , Model:
Num hsync: 1, Num vsync: 1
hsync range 0:  28.00 -  50.00
vsync range 0:  43.00 -  75.00
Video are not settable on this chip
had to hit cntrl c to get prompt back
did a --help and read manual to see if I was missing something. Doesn't seem to be. I'm really at a lost here as in the past I could switch between all resolutions.
I'll try a lower color depth and get back.

Leonard