Re: Setting up sound - alsa config

I had looked up but did not find any clue which would help me. I guess I should ask
specific questions:

1. Should I build the support for sound card in the kernel or should I load it as a
module?
2. Do I need to enable OSS in the kernel? I am running 2.6.7.
3. Will alsaconf do the job or some other step needs to be taken besides loading support
for the sound card in the kernel? If yes, what are those?