Bizarre NFS Problem

Hello All,

I'm currently running debian 3.0 r3 and have run into an interesting
issue with my NFS mounts. On one of my debian systems (I have just done
an apt-get update/upgrade on all my systems) when copying or creating a
file on one of the NFS mounted directories I get an input/output error.
The interesting thing is that this only happens for a file size of
between 4833-4840 inclusive or any multiple of 8192 + 4833-4840. My
mount point has been setup in fstab with the following options:

rw,auto,soft,rsize=8192,wsize=8192

Another interesting thing is that if I go to another of my debian
systems that is running the exact same version of mount and nfs the copy
works just fine. I am incredibly perplexed as to why this is happening,
if anybody could shed some light on this that would be great.

Just so everybody knows the command I'm using to create files on the NFS
system is:

dd if=/dev/urandom of=./test bs=1 count=4833

and it gives me the following error to the console:

4833+0 records in
4833+0 records out
dd: closing output file `./test': Input/output error

Although creating a file of the appropriate size and copying it would
cause the same result. Again just to re-iterate the weirdness is that if
I did the above command with a smaller value or a larger value it would
work. ie values of 4832, 4841, 8192, etc all work.

--
 o)      Derek Wueppelmann                 (o
(D .       monkey@monkeynet.ca              D).