Re: Does the classic mailer recipe from perlcookbook work fine in debian?

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 09:29:28PM +0000, Stephen Patterson wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 19:00:19 +0100, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> > I wonder if the classic recipe from the perl cookbook needs some
> > readjustment in debian due to sendmail being a link to exim? I tried
> > to implement it and was giving me a bunch of errors. Does it need some
> > adjustment, or works just the way it is?
>
> exim and the other sendmail replacements (postfix, qmail... etc)
> are written to function from the command line in the same manner as
> sendmail itself. So (assuming your perl recipe is just a pipe to
> sendmail) it should just work.  I've found it much simpler at times to
> use the perl Mail::Sender module instead.

At this point i found what the problem was, but now I have encountered
another one. In this new case, seems to me that the problem is due to my
exim being configured as smarthost; I have to figure out how to
rewrite the headers of the message so that when the form sends the
variables to the script, it is accepted by the smtp server. In this
case, it is answering that

"host smtp-server.cfl.rr.com [65.32.5.130]: 553 5.1.8 <www-data@hpd>...
+Domain of sender address www-data@hpd does not exist"

I think that I read in the info exim files that if the form initiates
from a virtual host then exim rewrites automatically, not sure, the
info files are long, and I am falling sleep here. If anybody knows how
to fix it and can save me hours of browsing the documentation will be
great.

TTA